I am pleased and honoured to have been awarded the One Lovely Blog Award by Jody Thomae of God’s Creative Gift. Thank you so much Jody for nominating me. I am deeply humbled to be nominated by someone such as Jody alongside some other really great bloggers.
Here are rules for accepting the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself
- Nominate up to 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.
The difficult thing when accepting these awards is trying to come up with more unique things to say about myself but I will try.
- The most important thing in my life is my family.
- The reason I use UK spelling in my writing even though I am American is because I live in England and I can’t stand seeing the red squiggly lines under my words telling me it’s a spelling error…so colour and honour it is!
- I love global foods (as long as they don’t contain meat).
- I love different genres of music but have a preference towards folk and Celtic.
- I love books but I have special place in my heart for children’s books…the real good ones are not just for children to enjoy. Some examples would be The Princess And The Goblin, A Wrinkle In Time, The Giver, The Secret Garden and North Child.
- My favourite holiday is Christmas so be prepared to read many blog posts about this holiday. Last year’s blog theme was on Victorian Christmas, this year will be on keeping the beauty and focus on the holiday without spending a fortune.
- My all time favourite author is George MacDonald. His works have helped me in my spiritual growth as a Christian. Though widely known for his fantasy books, he also wrote sermons and Victorian-Christian novels.
I have recently started to follow some new wonderful bloggers. There are many more who I have nominated before which you can read in my past award posts. Here are a few new and exciting blogs which I am thrilled to nominate:
- Sophie Robinson Interior Designer and Stylist
- Contemplative In The Mud Christian contemplation thrown into the muddy highways of the world
- Found This Painted That Decorating solutions for the dollar challenged
- Passion For Interior Design New Interior Design blogger!
- Love Nellie Daily Dose Something to get you through the day from the contestant of The Great Interior Design Challenge Lynne Lambourne of http://www.lovenellie.co.uk
- The Wise Imagination a fellow George MacDonald enthusiast
- Russell & Pascal Gentleness and respect–a blog which is a respectful conversation between two friends-a Christian and an Atheist