It’s almost never an easy decision when it involves a huge part of your life and especially if there are risks involved. Whether it’s a job, a relationship, a situation, a plan or a home, how do we know when the time has come to let it go?
I have to confess that I normally err on the side of being overly cautious. I dwell on it, go over the pros and cons, exhaust those closest to me by endlessly discussing what I should do and when and then I finally make a decision only to change my mind afterwards and remake the decision in the future. When it comes to life-changing decisions, I usually over-stay when I should have gone months or years sooner. Yet, I always say how much I love change! It’s taking the risks that worries me. Just three days ago, I made the decision to leave my job but it was only because of a dramatic event that finally pushed me into making the break. As I compiled this list of signs, I realized I had over-stayed…again. The signs had been there. Are they for you?
- When you find yourself doing all of the serving and you get no acknowledgment for it.
- When you step back and realize YOU (your true self and/or your values) are not in the picture.
- When you feel emotionally, spiritually and physically exhausted time after time again.
- When you are sacrificing the needs of those you love.
- When you are being belittled or made to feel small.
- When the situation is standing in the way of your vocation (what your true calling is).
- When it is causing you depression and you see no change in the future.
- When it is holding you back from your ambitions.
- When it is keeping you from your friends and family ALL the time.
- When you find yourself thinking, ‘This is not the life I want.’
Praying that this helps anyone who needs it.