I am pleased to have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Mary Perez. I am honoured to think that anyone would find my posts inspiring. If one person alone has felt inspired then I am glad. I have been inspired by many bloggers here on WordPress myself. It is such a great community and I am pleased to be a part of it. Do please check our Mary’s site Reflections From the Heart. Her stories of family, faith and survival are moving and inspiring. Thank you so much for the nomination Mary!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Share seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
5. Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Number three is difficult as I have done this with another award so I will try and think of unique things to add.
Seven Facts About Myself
- My Step-Dad is Serbian and when I was growing up I attended a Serbian Summer Camp in Pennsylvania where I was taught Serbian Kolo dancing. (Noticed I said ‘taught’ not necessarily learned!)
- Growing up, I was blessed to have two separate Christmases and two Easters every year thanks to Serbian Orthodoxy.
- Even though I was partly brought up with Serbian traditions, I am actually Puerto Rican and Spanish descendent with a bit of French a few generations back.
- I met actress Brooke Shields when we were both about 11 or 12 at Studio 54 and got her autograph (which I still have).
- I am a huge dog-lover and have a beautiful dog named Leo. He is a Japanese Akita who I swear is a Psychic Empath.
- I am currently signed off from work (three weeks) due to a knee injury.
- I am very colour-oriented. I tend to choose clothes and home accessories by their colour and I always refer to cars by their colour. For example: “What kind of car does he have?” My answer: “Sort of an Ocean-blue.”
So now I get to nominate some other amazing inspiring bloggers. They in turn will pass this honour to others unless they have already received this award. It has been a bit difficult to choose as some have already received this award or I have nominated them in the past. If you don’t have 15, nominate those you love. I haven’t chosen 15 but here are a few of my favourites. My wonderful recipients (in no special order) of this award are:
Spiritbath–The wonderful bunch that manage this blog site, scour around searching for inspiring, uplifting or moving videos. Their videos often make my day. I have laughed, cried and been inspired by many of the videos shared on their site.
This Little Light Of Mine–Jodie Meschuk is a real inspiration! She has two sons who were initially diagnosed with Autism and she was able to turn it around through natural medicine. She gives wonderful posts on healing, faith and family.
Fabulously Finished-Inspiring in a different way! Patty Henning is a Decorative artist and the owner of the shop Fabulously Finished. She shows lots of before and after photos of her re-finished and up-cycled furniture with how-to information so we can duplicate ourselves!
Adventures In Wonderland-This is a WOW of a blog site. Alison and Don are truly inspiring world-travellers! When they retired, they decided to sell everything and see the world. They have AMAZING photos and they have kept a journal throughout their adventures so they can then relate in vivid detail all their experiences. This site is a feast for the eyes and brings joy to the heart. LOVE it!
Dhamma Footsteps–Touchingly written stories and beautiful photos of New Delhi written from the Buddhist perspective. I often feel like I am reading letters from a dear friend. His authenticity and gentle nature are reflected in his posts.
The Naked Theologian–Myriam Renaud is a Universalist Minister who I would say writes for the Contemplatives. I have read and reflected on every article. You don’t have to be a Universalist to like The Naked Theologian. Her posts are intelligently written and inspire me to reflect more and more.
The Culture Monk-Oh my! Kenneth Justice’s posts are often so much fun to read! He writes with a twinkle in his eye I am sure and he can be so provoking to those who don’t quite see eye-to-eye with everything he has to say. On top of that, he writes with integrity about real people and real issues and is not afraid to tell it like it is! He is a self-proclaimed Coffee Expert who is currently travelling the US and other countries visiting coffee houses and meeting new people.
Thank you every one for making me think, smile, laugh and dream. You are all inspiring me in many ways!