Thank you John (http://dougdoeslife.com/) for nominating me for a Liebster award! If you have never been to John’s blog, you must check it out! It is one of the most creative blogs on self-help and spirituality that I have ever come across! What’s a Liebster Award? The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs. I am honoured that people even read and follow my blog to begin with. I am surprised that anyone would think it award worthy! Thanks again John!
Here are the rules for the Liebster…
–Nominees must link back the person who nominated them. -Answer the 10 questions which are given to them by the nominator. -Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers. -Create 10 questions for their nominees to answer. -Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them. Here are the answers to my questions from John:
- What do you do more of, watch television or read books? Usually, it’s read books. It’s the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night.
- What is your favorite book(s) and why? This a hard one as I am always changing my mind! One way I can answer is to say what has been on my favourites list the longest. My longest favourite book has been The Princess and The Goblin by George MacDonald as it was my favourite from the time I was 8. The Princess and The Goblin tells the story of an 8 year old princess who discovers a secret room in her castle where resides (also in secret) her great-great-grandmother. This grand old lady looks both young and old and is very wise and mystical and magical and loves her unconditionally. The princess knows that if ever she is in danger or frightened she can run to this secret woman and be safe from harm. This made a huge impact on me as a child and I wished with all my heart there was a secret room that I could go to where someone loved my like that! This book also led me to other works by George MacDonald and subsequently to my husband who is also a big fan of his works.
- What do you wish your role to be in life? I wish to be a wise woman like the Princess’ great-great-grandmother. I see this as being someone who loves her children and grand-children hugely. Someone who is wise and all-loving and keeps her eyes open for ways to help. I want to remain on a path of growing spiritually and following God.
- What did you want to be when you were a child? A Writer, Actress, Mime and Archaeologist,
- What did you end up doing as a career? Mom by choice 🙂
- Are you creative? How? I love creativity and creating things for the home and was also pretty good at creating stories at bedtime when my children were little. Sadly, I am creative but sloppy…lack of dexterity or something.
- What do you enjoy making, besides your bed? I really enjoy making improvements to things. I love organizing and up-cycling and changing the paint colour on our walls. In the past, I have enjoyed creating dried flower wreaths and songs for my children.
- What’s your favorite meal? For the past five years or so it’s been muesli. We have some serious good muesli here in England by a company called Dorset!
- Do you cook and enjoy doing so? I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with cooking. I love cooking when I can become creative and I am left alone to do it. I hate it when it goes wrong and I have gained a backache in the process.
- What keeps you blogging? Writing blogs has been my teacher. It has helped me organize my thoughts and improve my memory and writing skills. Most of all, I have felt God teaching me through my posts on spirituality. As I form the words, they become clearer and more thoughts emerge. This has caused me to become more and more grateful to God who first gave me the idea to start a blog in the first place. I never knew how it was going to help me. I thought it was to get my thoughts and creative ideas flowing for a store I had hope to open. Now, I write to hear more from God.
These are my Liebster nominations in no particular order:
Here are my 10 questions for the above nominees:
- Name three places you would like to visit before you die.
- Name 1 thing on your bucket list.
- How would you describe your home?
- What do you hold as the highest priority in your life?
- Name one item in your home that you can’t be without?
- Name one guilty pleasure.
- If you could make a living out of doing something you already love to do, what would it be?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- What is your definition of spirituality?
You’re welcome! Interesting selections that you nominated.
Congratulations, Teresa on well deserved award!
Thank you Anna! That means a lot coming from you! 😉
I love how you said you write to hear from God!
Some will understand this…I am still amazed when it happens!
Pingback: An Award? Pour Moi? | Keyboard Pizza