My Fire Surround Up-cycle Project

When we moved into our house it was suppose to be temporary.  We moved to quickly get my daughter into the high school of her choice and we thought we were getting a good deal.  We didn’t decorate because we planned on selling again in  1-3 years.  However, we bought the house just before the recession hit.  Needless to say, we haven’t been able to sell for the price we bought it for and have been now living here for six years.  I finally started to give in and have started to decorate.  This summer the big project has been our living room.  New paint, new carpet and due to a delay that was beyond our control in getting the carpet in, I decided to finally re-finish the fire surround.  It has been on my mind for years and after some discussion with darling husband about whether to go paint, lime finish or varnish, we decided to varnish in dark walnut to more or less match the furniture we have.

So here is the before picture; this out-dated pine:

004

And here is the after picture after some sweat, elbow grease and nearly some tears:

067

Still more projects ahead…but first a little rest.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “My Fire Surround Up-cycle Project

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s